Below is displayed the current homework issued to students. Please note, this page only displays items with a creation date or deadline within 2 weeks of today's date.
Complete your spellings and definitions sheet for the following:
1. Consent (v) 2. Coordinate (v) 3. Demonstrate (v) 4. Framework (n) 5. Instance (n) 6. Maximise (v) 7. Physical (adj)
8. Remove (v) 9. Sufficient (adj) 10. Volume (n)
If you lose your spellings sheet, you must complete the task on paper. Each spelling should be written out three times, given a definition and used appropriately in a sentence.
Revise the spellings of and learn the definitions of the following words:
1. Compensate (v) 2. Contribute (v) 3. Criteria (n) 4. Ensure (v) 5. Imply (v) 6. Link (n) 7. Partner (n) 8. Register (v)
9. Shift (v) 10. Technology (n)
Please complete the task set for you on kerboodle
institution code tr9
Finish the bar chart from the lesson
1. Attain (v) 2. Commence (v) 3. Device (n) 4. Ethic (n) 5. Intermediate (adj) 6. Minimal (adj) 7. Preliminary (adj)
8. Revolution (n) 9. Supplement (n) 10. Viiolate (v)
If you lose your spellings sheet, the task should be completed on paper. Each spelling should be written out three times, given a definition and used appropriately in a sentence.
Revise the spellings of and learn the meanings of the following words:
1. Assure (v) 2. Coincide (v) 3. Converse (v) 4. Erode (v) 5. Integral (adj) 6. Military (adj) 7. Portion (n) 8. Restrain (v)
9. Subordinate (adj) 10. Unify (v)
If you lose your spelling sheet, the task should be completed on paper. Each spelling should be written out three times, given a definition and used appropriately in a sentence.
Read chapter 11
Once you have read chapter 11, summarise what happens:
•What happens to Oliver?
•What does he do?
•How is Oliver treated by others?
Remember to research any words that you don’t understand!
1. Anticipate (v) 2. Coherent (adj) 3. Controversy (n) 4. Duration (n) 5. Insight (n) 6. Medium (adj) 7. Passive (adj)
8. Relax (v) 9. Sphere (n) 10. Trigger (v)
If you lose your sheet, you must complete the task on paper. Each spelling should be written out three times, given a definition and used appropriately in a sentence.
1. Accommodate (v) 2. Bulk (n) 3. Concurrent (adj) 4. Diminish (v) 5. Found (v) 6. Mature (adj) 7. Norm (n)
8. Qualitative (adj) 9. Route (n) 10. Team (n)
YOU HAVE ALREADY COMPLETED THIS AND IT HAS BEEN REPEATED BY MISTAKE. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU KNOW THE DEFINITIONS AND WE WILL HAVE A TEST ON THOSE NEXT WEEK.
A research project to be presented how you want e.g. poster, booklet, leaflet, poem, diary entries, newspaper article
A research project on what you think is the most significant event from WWII and to explain WHY
If you need to ask any questions then please email firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to your class teacher.
Next week there will be a KAP on whether we have learnt from our mistakes. Use Session 4 for revision.
The KAP will be extended writing.
Resources for the essay are here
Revise two examples of Genocide and two examples of Rembrance
Using the link, read the information about the survivor's experience in the concentration camp and complete the storyboard.
Here are the links to the resources.
If you wish to complete on the computer, ensure it has been printed off and ready to hand in during the lesson.
To be completed for next lesson.
A programmer has been asked to write a program which will receive a string from the user and output the number of times the letter ‘e’ appears in the string.
Create a program in python that will complete the above.
‘Pacifism is the only way to end all conflict.’ Evaluate this statement
In your answer you:
• should give reasoned arguments in support of this statement
• should give reasoned arguments to support a different point of view
• should refer to religious arguments
• may refer to non-religious arguments.
• should reach a justified conclusion
Produce TWO paragraphs for the following:
How does Priestley present Sheila as a character that takes responsibility for her mistakes?
•Shelia’s actions and her treatment of Eva Smith
•Priestley's methods and intentions
•Link to context
•Contrast Sheila with Gerald/Mr Birling, etc
You must include:
Produce one paragraph for the following:
How does Priestley use the character of Inspector Goole in An Inspector Calls? (p.169-174)
Complete the table identifying and explaining the different impacts on the cattle industry.
Information for the home is available here.
Revision for KAP next week.
please complete the task set for you on kerboodle
institution code tr9
Your selected filters will be listed here. Click to remove them. NB: Clearing dates will set them to default values, not remove them completely.
By default the page displays homework with deadlines in the last and next 14 days.
NB: Filters from the same category of filter will list records that match for either option e.g. 'Art' or 'French'. Filters from different filter categories will list records that match both filters e.g. 'Year 7' and 'Art'.